IT Financial Management with Oracle EPM Cloud [PRO5553]
- IT financial management can help CIOs plan and report in a straightforward way that clearly demonstrates their financial and strategic value to the company.
- Monday, 9/16, 9am - 9:45am
- Speakers: Mike Killeen, Alithya; Don Bean, Oracle
Journey to a Standardized Cloud Budgeting Solution with Thermo Fisher Scientific and Alithya
Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE) to ensure connectivity at the proper touchpoints with on-premise Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and a Corporate Management Essbase solution, aligning the budgeting and forecasting processes with the actuals. See how Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Service (PCMCS) solves the traceability conundrum in multi-layer corporate allocations.Data Management and
- Monday, 9/16, 12:30pm - 1:15pm
- Speakers: Caroline Stepnpeck, Thermo Fisher; Ross Martin, Alithya
EDMCS and FDMEE – The Foundation to Wright Medical's Hybrid EPM Landscape
- During this presentation, we will explore how Wright Medical continues its journey to the Oracle EPM Cloud and how EDMCS and FDMEE are the foundational building blocks that ensure data integrity in Wright’s Close, Forecast, and Reporting processes. Learn how Wright deployed EDMCS to manage master data across two Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS) applications as well as Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). We’ll highlight how EDM is also used to dynamically generate data mappings and how FDMEE is the “easy button” that enables data and master data integration across the entire solution.
- Tueday, 9/17, 9am - 10am
- Speakers: Kim Province, Wright Medical; Tony Scalese, Alithya
Streamline Capital Planning in Healthcare, Higher Ed, and Transportation with Alithya’s Capital Portfolio Process
- Learn about Alithya's Capital Portfolio Planning process that helps capital intensive organizations manage the request, prioritization, approval, and execution of multi-year capital investment portfolios. Learn how we can eliminate the "seven challenges of capital programming" with our proven approach, rooted in real-world projects to streamline the collection of new and recurring capital investments all the way to placing assets in-service. Meet David Pabst, our Capital Portfolio Planning product manager, to learn and discuss leading practices in capital programming.
- Tueday, 9/17, 12pm - 1:15pm
- Speakers: David Pabst, Alithya
Oracle ACE Panel: Definitive, Accurate Answers from Oracle Recognized EPM Experts
- iness Intelligence (BI). Alithya's panel of experts will answer all of your questions about Oracle EPM and BI technology to arm you and your organization with the information you need to implement the right solution for your business needs and ensure that you're on the right path in your Oracle journey.
- Tueday, 9/17, 1:45pm - 2:30pm
- Speakers: Mike Killeen, Alecs Mlynarzek, Tony Scalese, Alithya
The Wright Move – A Continued Journey to the Oracle EPM Cloud
- At Oracle OpenWorld last year, Wright Medical shared its first foray into Oracle EPM Cloud with a successful implementation of Account Reconciliation Cloud Service (ARCS). Join us this year to learn about our continued migration to the Oracle EPM Cloud, including the recent deployments of Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS) and Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service (EDMCS). We’ll discuss the migration from an on-premise Hyperion Planning deployment to a consistent Workforce Planning and Financials model that leverages the out-of-the-box (OOTB) frameworks, and we'll highlight the benefits realized with these features. We'll also outline the challenges and creative solutions to these hurdles. Additionally, learn about the deployment of EDMCS to replace EPMA and manage master data for not only EPBCS, but also our on-premise Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application. Finally, we’ll discuss our roadmap for Oracle EPM, including the implementation of Strategic Modeling and a migration from HFM to Financial Close and Consolidation Cloud Service (FCCS). This is a "not to be missed session" for anyone considering an upgrade to Oracle EPM Cloud!
- Wednesday, 9/18, 9am - 10am
- Speakers: Kim Province, Wright Medical
Secrets of an EPM Cloud Solution - How to Deliver Superior Profit Performance
As organizations seek to improve the quality of service and reduce costs through the establishment of shared service centers for both corporate functions and client facing activities, the need for fully allocated P&Ls as a management reporting tool becomes critical to ensure that Divisional and Line-of-Business performance supports the overall corporate performance targets expected by senior management and investors. With most financial systems organized around managing expenses on a "supply side" basis, creating the pivot from "what it is" to "what and who it's for" becomes more challenging. Even if methodologies are agreed upon, providing both service providers and divisional leadership with transparency into the "why" behind P&L charges is a hurdle. For this reason, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Cloud applications such as Oracle Profitability & Cost Management Cloud Service (PCMCS) have been purpose-built to allow business users a mechanism to define initial models, execute them in an automated fashion, and provide transparency into allocated results and intercompany charges, allowing service providers and service consumers to better understand the levers that impact financial results. Attend this session for a case study that walks through the steps required to construct a fully allocated P&L within Oracle PCMCS. Topics covered include:
- Designing a data model that enables transparency
- Typical fully allocated P&L rule definition – sequencing and drivers
- Leading practices in reducing rule maintenance
- Self-service model validations and analytics
- Wednesday, 9/18, 12pm - 1:15pm
- Speakers: Alecs Mlynarzek, Alithya