Great Strides: Oracle Paves the Way for Improved Value and a Better Future Platform with the Release of EPM System v11.2
We're avidly anticipating a long-awaited release of Oracle EPM System 11.2 - tomorrow! As soon as we see it drop, we'll alert our audience, so check back here!
Oracle is taking great strides with a revamp of the underlying architecture to pave the way for its 10 year roadmap. Here is what's expected:
- It will be released for Windows only (at first)
- Migration will be via out-of-place upgrade
- Certifications are expected for the following 3rd party components:
- OS: Windows 2012, 2016, 2019, Oracle Linux 7, RHEL 7
- RDBMS: Oracle 12.2, SQL Server 2019
- Browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox
- Java 8 - this is great for supporting TLS 1.2 encryption without extra steps!
The upcoming release will be a fresh install for what is deemed a technical upgrade. The EPM suite has undergone a large pruning effort to focus on core products that improve value and build a better future platform.
- Products going away include Interactive Reporting, Web Analysis, OFMA, EAL, HSF, Workforce Planning, and quite a few others.
- EPMA goes away. Hooray for the future! It's replacement? A limited use license of its big brother, DRM. Existing EPMA customers can convert apps to classic or convert to DRM (a utility is planned).
- Foundation and R&A repositories have both been replaced which is FANTASTIC. To business minded folks, this brings better system stability with a simpler revamped set of database tables running the show under the covers.
- 11.2 brings no major change to Essbase, but will be based on 220.127.116.11 to minimize impact to upgrading customers. Expect an updated Essbase to come in a later patch.
We've got VMs prepped for download and install. Stay tuned!
For comments, questions, or suggestions for future topics, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Subscribe to receive notifications about new posts about Cloud updates and other Oracle Cloud Services such as Planning and Budgeting, Financial Consolidation, Account Reconciliation, and Enterprise Data Management. Follow Alithya on social media for the latest information about EPM, ERP, and Analytics solutions to meet your business needs.