Efficient Quote to Order Process for Caterpillar Dealers
Caterpillar dealers – did you know there is a solution that makes the quote to order process easy and efficient? With Microsoft Dynamics 365, your reps can use this sales quote tool on a daily basis to follow through the entire business process, saving time and eliminating frustration.
Because equipment manufacturers typically impose a lot of rules around the combination of parts and pricing which can be a moving target at times; dealers need a data source that provides accurate quoting and inventory and that’s what this tool does.
Here is the step-by-step quote to order process within Dynamics 365 for Cat dealers
- Dealer Forms: This is what happens up front, where papers are signed and information is gathered from the customer, for example: Dealer credit applications, Cat finance applications, checking customer credit.
- Inventory Check: Checking inventory to confirm that the equipment needed is actually available or to make sure that something is not ordered that is on the ground already.
- Feature Base Configurator, Cat Programs, Trade-ins: If the machine needed is not available, the feature base configurator will allow sales reps to configure a machine and walk through the process of creating and getting what is needed by the customer to spec. Using the Feature Base Configurator will mitigate machine configuration issues and allow the sales reps to have the most up to date pricing from Caterpillar. There are Cat programs available in this process to apply to the quote. In this phase, there is also the option to review any possible trade-ins.
- Credit Check, Quote Review: This is where credit checks for quote of total sales amount happens and a review of the quote with the customer.
- Negotiate and Close: Finally the finance is reviewed through a finance calculator, this is where it is determined if payments are within reason for the customer to pay month to month.
If you’re interested in learning more about this quote to order solution, contact us today. We will discuss what type of environment you have and determine if it’s possible for us to access the data that your organization has. Once we determine that, we have the platform, process and experience to help you attain a data source that will aid in accurate inventory and quoting.