Capital Portfolio Planning (CPP)
Leverage Oracle's Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Planning to deploy a full lifecycle process from capital request to in-service asset, streamlining the management of large capital project portfolios, and eliminate the pain of administering paper, Excel, and Word-based capital request, prioritization, & approval processes. Alithya’s Capital Portfolio Planning solution is proven across multiple implementations.
Born from multiple implementations across Healthcare, Higher-Ed, Transportation, and Manufacturing, our solution provides a prescriptive capital request through in-service asset process.
Leverages the leading SaaS Cloud Planning platform, Oracle EPM Planning, to provide a modern, interactive, and scalable solution.
Integrates with most Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) procure-to-pay processes to ensure capital budgets are not overspent while allowing ongoing management of capital project budgets throughout the year.
Provide department owners with an analytic sandbox to evaluate capital request backlog throughout the year, facilitating simplified approval submission during the planning season.
Shorten the time it takes to address the challenges of capital portfolio planning.
- Submit routine, strategic, and emergency capital requests
- Submit requests for on-going capital projects: funding change, project closure, and project cancellation
- Define one, organization-wide request mechanism
- Attach and link supporting documentation
- Streamline the annual submission process to allow individual departments & functions to define capital needs throughout the year
- Create request portfolios by department, function, or funding source
- Allow interested functions to assess requests early in the process (e.g. IT, Facilities, or Purchasing)
- Understand short- and long-term capital funding needs
- Fund initiatives with organization-specific sources such as bonds, grants, fees, or endowments
- Ensure funding applied to individual initiatives meets source-of-capital restrictions & covenants
- Configure workflow with approval paths for emergency, routine, and strategic requests
- Capture approval commentary
- Assign an approved budget
- Inform Project Management, Accounts Payable, and other systems of a newly approved capital initiative
- Create change requests for additional funding as needed
- Monitor capital portfolio health for ongoing and future initiatives
- Close initiatives and release the remaining capital
- For multi-year projects, create budget carry-forward requests
Increase the value of capital expenditures, mitigate risk, and reduce costs.
Business Solution Features:
Prescriptive Business Process
- Born from multiple implementations across industries
- Embedded leading practices from capital request, prioritization, approval
- Capture capital requests from functional areas including justification, pro-forma operating impacts, return on investment, and attachments
- Create capital project budgets from approved capital requests
- Set and manage overall capital budgets by functional area including allowances, master-facilities plans, and strategic goals
- Send approved capital budgets to ERP Procure-to-pay for commitment control
- Monitor project health by loading PO commitments & invoices paid from AP system
- Identify capital projects nearing completion and streamline the asset creation in fixed assets ledger
Strategic Capital Management
- Provide functional areas a sandbox to continually manage their capital investment roadmap
- Identify funding sources related to various capital investments – debt, operations, endowments, and grants
- Perform sensitivity analysis by grouping different sets of capital investment requests into portfolios to understand how they would impact the organization’s capital structure
- Integrates with Oracle EPM Strategic Modeling to take capital portfolio investment requirements and model the long-term impact to the organization’s income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Understand whether the organization is funding capital projects at the right investment level and capital project mix
Integrates with Oracle EPM Planning, Financials, Capital, & Projects
- Alithya’s Capital Portfolio Planning handles the capital request to capital budget setting process, including managing the budget of in-flight capital projects
- Understand the financial statement impacts of placing capital assets into service from integration with Oracle EPM capital
- Allow project managers to manage the financials of in-flight capital projects via integration with Oracle EPM projects
- Align staffing to Capital Projects through integration with Oracle EPM Workforce
Built Upon Oracle EPM Planning
- Leading SaaS based Planning platform according to Gartner’s Magic Quadrant
- Prescriptive, yet tailorable, dimensional model
- Input forms for requests and approvals
- Review forms & dashboards to monitor request and project portfolios
- Print-quality (PDF) reporting for approved capital program
- Workflow to capture request approvals
- Data integrations
Most organizations manage a formal capital requisition process to decide how to invest limited funds when supporting ...
You know what goes great together? Oracle’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Planning + Alithya’s Capital Portfolio Planning (CPP)! An integrated planning cycle takes the first glimmer of a capital investment in a departmental sandbox through its life as a capital project and a capital asset while making sure you can see the short & long-range implications of making approval decisions.
Alithya’s Capital Portfolio Planning (CPP) is the industry’s leading prescriptive business process for ...
SOLUTION SHEET - Implementation blueprint for Oracle’s EPBCS for major universities and transportation authorities.
SOLUTION SHEET - Implementation blueprint for Oracle’s EPBCS for major hospitals and academic health systems.
At Alithya, our Higher Education, Healthcare, and Transportation clients often ask for help streamlining their capital ...
Learn about Alithya’s Capital Portfolio Planning process built upon real-world implementations in Healthcare, ...
General overview of Alithya's Capital Portfolio Planning solution.
In-App walkthrough of Alithya's Capital Portfolio Planning solution.