- Prestigious Mercuriades award in the Training and Workforce Development category for the Alithya Leadership Academy, launched in 2018 in partnership with the McGill University’s Faculty of Management
- Digital Adoption practice wins Microsoft US Partner of the Year Award for the 5th consecutive year in the Modern Work, Apps & Solutions category
- Global Award runner up for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain
- Nominated in three other categories of the Microsoft US Partner of the Year Awards:
- Microsoft US Partner of the Year Award Finalist – Dynamics 365 Supply Chain
- Microsoft US Partner of the Year Award Finalist – Employee Experience
- Microsoft US Partner of the Year Award Finalist – Learning
- Nominated in three categories of the Microsoft Canada Impact Awards:
- Microsoft Canada Impact Award – Business Applications Runner Up
- Microsoft Canada Impact Award – Manufacturing Industry Runner Up
- Microsoft Canada Impact Award – FSI Industry Runner Up
- Winner of Microsoft Business Applications 2023/2024 Inner Circle award for the 18th year
- Released a comprehensive ESG Report detailing progress in pursuit of commitments established in inaugural report released in September 2022.
- Opened a new office in Austin, Texas to leverage emerging talent from more than 20 colleges and universities in the Greater Austin Area, and to position the Company in close proximity to Oracle headquarters.
- Launched new brand platform and website to showcase Alithya’s vast competencies and emphasize the collective intelligence behind its extensive service offering.
- US-based Datum Consulting Group, a leader in intelligent document processing services for top tier health and insurance sector clients in the United States, Europe, India, and Australia.
- Canada-based Trafic3W, a specialist in digital application development in the public sector.
- US-based Vitalyst, a provider of best-in-class on-demand training services.
- OCTAS Awards by Réseau Action:
- Process Transformation - Large Company (La Fabrique aux Automatisations for National Bank)
- Culture and Society (BénéClic app developed for Montreal’s Saint-Justine Children's Hospital)
- Partnership with Zscaler, providers of the world’s largest cloud-native cyber security platform.
- Partnership with OneWorldSIS, providers of the digitally transformative OneWorldSIS Student Information System (SIS) for educational institutions.
- Designated as a Systems Integrator for Talend, a global leader in data integration and data governance solutions.
- Acquisition of Datum provides Alithya with an international workforce capable of supporting Alithya projects well beyond North America and France.
- Canada-based R3D Consulting, a company with expertise in consulting and digital application development in the insurance, finance, government services, healthcare, and telecommunications sectors.
- Microsoft Eagle Award for excellence in Microsoft Dynamics 365 customer adds.
- Québecor and Beneva welcomed as shareholders and business partners.
- Preferred Partnership agreement signed with Frequency Foundry, a firm developing CRM solutions for the Higher Education, Government, and the Not-for-Profit sectors.
- Higher Education practice is launched to accompany universities in the digital transformation of their unique organizational processes.
- New Alithya subsidiary office opened in Tangier, Morocco.
- Askida, a firm specializing in software quality assurance and application development and modernization.
- Inclusion in elite Inner Circle for Microsoft Business Applications.
- Designated as a qualified service provider in the Catalogue of Cloud Computing Offers from the Shared Services Centre of Quebec, authorizing Alithya to provide support services to Quebec-based public bodies.
- Appointed Certified Alliance System Integrator for Control Systems by Schneider Electric, a digital transformation leader in energy management and automation.
- Renewal of a framework agreement with Desjardins Group for the provision of services and the delivery of technological projects.
- Matricis Informatique, a Quebec-based company specialized in IoT and artificial intelligence.
- Travercent, a leading specialist in Oracle cloud products for the US healthcare sector.
- Customer Service Excellence Award from the Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCNI).
- Quebec Employment Creator Award for Champion, Montreal Region.
- Gold Partner status awarded by Provance to represent Provance IT Service Management, a digital technology solution that runs on Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Strategic agreement with NA Engineering Associates Inc. to establish a framework for leveraging complementary capabilities in the nuclear sector.
- Premier Partner status in Splunk’s Partner+ Program (through Matricis).
- US-based Edgewater Technology and its Fullscope and Ranzal divisions, positioning Alithya as a North American leader in strategy and digital technology.
- TELUS Managed Web Services, adding web solutions to Alithya’s service offerings.
- Alithya becomes a publicly traded company trading on NASDAQ and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE).
- Key C-suite leader hirings: Claude Thibault joins Alithya as Chief Financial Officer and Nathalie Forcier is appointed Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary.
Advancing from one strategic chapter to the next, Alithya treads carefully but confidently through a period of diversification and growth that includes four acquisitions. Gaining momentum along the way, Alithya’s path culminates in a consolidation phase that begins in 2018, prior to going public, with a transformative cross-border acquisition.
In 2011, Paul Raymond and Pierre Turcotte invest in the firm and buy out 100% of an external partner’s shares. They become, alongside Ghyslain Rivard, the three controlling shareholders of the company. The firm then embarks on a new accelerated growth plan to become an alternative to the industry giants. An initial acquisition (Sinapse) is carried out in 2012, increasing Alithya’s workforce by 500 experts.
Thanks to an outside minority investment, CIA goes on to acquire 11 companies. The firm first acquires Paris-based IPSI in 1999, then successively acquires EAP, Techlink, Gestion Pierre Jutras, Europfiles, Optitech, Zinnia, Eva, Addx, Eureka, and ERS in 2005. As a result of these numerous acquisitions, CIA now has offices across France and Eastern Canada.
Alithya, known as CIA (Conseillers en informatique d’affaires) at the time, is founded by 11 former Desjardins employees under the leadership of Ghyslain Rivard (Founder).