Creating content is often comparable to a symphonic performance, where the precise arrangement of instruments captivates and engages the audience. Like musicians striving for the perfect "chord," businesses are constantly seeking to resonate with their customers through marketing and sales endeavors. Fortunately, in this era of extensive artificial intelligence (AI) integration, there are many options that scale to your organization’s content needs.
Since the introduction of ChatGPT last year, AI tools have become increasingly popular for content creation and when used properly can produce polished copy quickly and effectively. But exactly how does it stack up currently for business use? Let's look at some key statistics from this year: 12% of businesses use AI for content creation, while 28% of companies use AI for marketing purposes. While these figures might relate to potential concerns about using AI platforms, it’s crucial to note that nine out of ten leading businesses are heavily invested in AI technologies. Presently, AI content creation is comprised of two de facto options in dedicated virtual writing assistants (or better known as AI writing tools) and copilots that operate as a conversation-based AI companion feature.
If the prospect of leveraging the capabilities to create compelling and engaging content while alleviating the tedious nature of creativity piques your and your organization’s interest, let’s dive into some specifics.
How do AI writing tools write?
Currently, most AI writing tools operate through OpenAI’s GPT-3 and GPT-4’s large language model (LLMs) as their back end to generate the requested output. As such, the difference between these apps is minimal, with added features that are tailored to the platform’s market.
The AI writing process begins with acquiring prompts from the user through the chatbot interface. It subsequently feeds the input into the LLM to generate a result using predictive analysis, comparing words against the body of data it has acquired through rigorous training. This data repository contains an amalgamation of encyclopedias, books, articles, and extensive volumes of text gathered from crawling the internet. In short, the repository is a multi-layered summation of human knowledge that is extraordinarily powerful, with a capacity for limitless creativity.
Here is a selection of the best AI writing tools currently: Jasper, Copy.ai, Grammarly and Writer just to name a few.
However, AI writing tools alone are merely one piece of the puzzle. When employed in an enterprise context, the possibilities for lateral content creation transcend their individual capabilities and become integral to the “bigger picture”. Recently, Microsoft announced their copilot endeavor culminating in perhaps the biggest game-changing feature capable of reshaping the landscape of work and business as we know it.
What is an AI copilot?
Before exploring the Microsoft offering, let’s take a step back to understand what AI copilots can do. An AI copilot has varying degrees of utility but is commonly used in marketing and sales efforts as a feature to support users in completing complex tasks. It plays a pivotal role in streamlining workflows and enhancing overall productivity by:
- Analyzing data: AI copilots have the capacity to swiftly analyze vast amounts of data and identify patterns and emerging trends to offer actionable insights for effective decision-making processes.
- Context-aware guidance: Users will receive proactive responses based on relative information. Specificity of input ensures that the response will be relevant and timely during critical decision-making processes.
- Creating a unified ecosystem: The most powerful function of an AI copilot is its ability to integrate software, platforms, and tools under one roof, fostering seamless compatibility and workflow cohesion.
It is evident that AI copilot works much like ChatGPT’s base service, but with the added advantage of adaptability and continuous learning from your organization’s data to attain maximum integration. This ongoing improvement enhances the user experience and empowers businesses to pursue their goals confidently and effectively.
Introducing Microsoft 365 Copilot
Originally released to a limited group earlier this year and slated for an official launch in early November, Microsoft 365 Copilot combines cutting-edge LLM (hosted on Microsoft Cloud) with Microsoft Graph’s application programming interface (API) connector. Its primary aim is to improve quality of life for users across Microsoft’s comprehensive productivity suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, you name it. Here is a glimpse of the AI-assisted writing capabilities that each of these prominent Microsoft applications possesses:
- Word: Provide drafting, revision, and generation of document assistance
- Outlook: Help in the management of inbox emails, summarizing email content and providing response suggestions.
- PowerPoint: Create fully formed presentations inspired by the user’s ideas and concepts.
- Teams: Enhance collaboration and communication to deliver real-time actionable items
- Business Chat: Coordinating work and tracking of important dates across notes, calendars, emails, and conversations to create a user experience that enables users to do more.
- OneNote: Idea generation and organize lists from notes to assist users in simplifying their search for pertinent information.
With all that Microsoft Copilot has to offer, it is crucial to prepare your organization and business to capitalize on its imminent arrival. Enter Alithya – your digital adoption partner that will guide you through your Microsoft Copilot journey.
Enable your Copilot capabilities with Alithya
Alithya is a global provider of learning services and solutions for over 30 years. Our mission is to help organizations transform their workplace and unleash the creative potential of Copilot. To facilitate this process, we offer a comprehensive one-day Copilot Discovery workshop that will accelerate your business operations by covering the following topics:
- A brief history of AI
- Risks and concerns with AI
- Copilot as an enterprise AI solution
- Opportunities to transform your business
- Copilot use case scenario
- Defining the success criteria
Upon the conclusion of the workshop, our team will actively support you in developing actionable plans for implementation, development, and change enablement to effectively deploy Copilot for your organization. With our expertise and guidance, you can confidently and decisively navigate the path to fulfilling your organization’s AI copilot needs. Alithya is here to support you at every step of the way to humanize and harness the power of artificial intelligence.
To learn more about this workshop and our array of other AI workshop offerings, contact us today!