6 Reasons to Move Your Business to the Cloud
The Cloud isn’t just invisible water vapor floating in the sky, it is enhanced computing that gives businesses the on-demand requirements that an organization needs to easily access data and operate nimbly and faster. It’s time to cut ties with pressures on IT teams to do more with less. You’re most likely experiencing business issues that could quickly be resolved with a move to the cloud.
Here are 6 reasons to take your business to the cloud:
- Gig Economy: (Independent worker paid by task) – If you’re managing a lot of independent contractors, keep their personal data secure while managing distributed teams, time zones, flexible work schedules, remote work and high turnover.
- Security Threats: Data breaches, ransomware, known & unknown system vulnerabilities. Securing your applications is wise, but if the business infrastructure is not secure, breaches to your systems are inevitable, systems can be disabled including backups, data can be stolen, and it won't be private.
- Adoption of Transformational Digital technology: AI, ML, IOT, robotic process automation, the need for digital transformation. Enabling digital transformation strategies allow organizations to grow, evolve and meet the changing needs of customers, as well as capture new business opportunities in real-time and connect them across all platforms. Dynamics 365 takes advantage of the foundational capabilities of the cloud ecosystem built on Azure. This includes all the intelligence and data tools that make your knowledge available and actionable across your business process workflows.
Download our guide to find out why 90% of Fortune 500 business run on Microsoft's cloud.
- Data Privacy: Data governance and regulatory requirements (GDPR, CCPA etc.) come with strict penalties. Make sure you’re always up-to-date with the latest local security regulations. With a move to the cloud, Microsoft Azure helps organizations comply with ever-changing requirements and regulations governing the collection and use of data, Data privacy rules, Global, regional, governmental and industry specific data governance and compliance rules.
- Time to Value: You have organizational initiatives that need to be met, but can never get there on an on-prem system because of a lack in the ability to scale your hardware, the investments needed to access the technology needs. With Cloud, you can easily expand capacity on-demand based on the need, access the technology platforms as needed and then execute at a POC scale or for Production scale, much quicker than you could with on-premise systems.
- Skills gap: Lack of skilled technical workers comes at a time when IT complexity is increasing exponentially, and exploding data volumes that come with growing businesses. The amount of skills needed today are much different than they were 20 years ago. This fact is something many organizations are facing, and can cause a strain on in-house teams who need to adapt to a cloud-focused future. However, when organizations work to close the cloud skills gap in their organization, they ultimately leverage the full potential of cloud computing and unlock aspects of the business previously unobtainable before. Keep in mind, that with each passing year, recent graduates in IT are coming out of school with the knowledge of cloud infrastructure, most likely not with the skills your IT team had several years ago. It’s a smart decision to move your business in the direction of the future and beyond your competition.
Have you explored Microsoft’s Azure cloud lately? Contact us for a cloud migration assessment to see what works for you.