Business runs on content. Every day 1.6 billion documents are added to Microsoft 365. By 2025, there will be 163 billion terabytes of content – such as proposals, contracts, presentations, invoices, designs, plans, legal documents, training videos, and more. This content is often unstructured and locked up in siloed repositories, or worse – sitting as paper in a warehouse.
The gaps in content classification and organization make it challenging to use content at scale effectively. In fact, organizations spend $46 billion a year storing and managing content, and lose countless hours of productivity in manual processing. Storage alone is not the answer.
Introducing Microsoft Syntex, one of the newest features of Microsoft 365. Syntex integrates content seamlessly into collaboration and workflows – turning content from a cost into an advantage. It automatically reads, tags and indexes high volumes of content and connects it where it’s needed – in search, applications, and as reusable knowledge. And it manages your content throughout its lifecycle, with robust analytics, security and automated retention.
Content That Works the Way You Do
There’s too much content for any human to grasp what’s going on and usually the processes that people are using to generate, approve, and distribute information is complex and manual – making it easy to introduce risk and error.
To add salt to the metaphorical wound, we have all become data hoarders. We make multiple copies of our files, not realizing we are increasing liability and reducing discoverability, only to hope we can find the right information.
While we are all guilty of hoarding multiple versions of files, what is certain is that we organize our files differently. One person may organize folders based on the project type, others based on historical data, or customer names. Human inconsistencies are unavoidable and the more the content spreads into more and more places, across multiple repositories, the harder it is to search and find answers, discover the right content, or connect with the correct experts.
There is a solution to this challenge. Syntex is designed to leverage AI and machine teaching, which can be trained on a small set of files and then coached to recognize and classify those files – enhancing compliance, automating business processes, and so much more. Syntex amplifies human expertise, automates content processing, and transforms content into knowledge.
Information Should be Understood by What it Represents, not Where it is Stored
Syntex mainstreams machine teaching, enabling your experts to capture their knowledge about content in AI models they can build with no code. Your experts train Syntex to read your documents the way they do, recognize patterns, extract key data, classify content, and automatically attach security and compliance. For example, a contract processing expert can teach Syntex to extract the value of contracts, along with the expiration date and key terms and conditions.
Syntex then uses your models to automate the capture, ingestion, and categorization of content, extracting valuable information as metadata. Metadata is critical to managing content and seamless integration with Microsoft Search, Power Automate, and Microsoft Information Protection enables you to improve knowledge discovery and reuse, accelerate processes, and dynamically apply information protection and compliance policies.
As new information comes in, new information needs to be generated, which is why Syntex provides systems to let you automatically create new content using the same templates and patterns you’ve already established.
Syntex builds on the foundational content services of SharePoint and advanced AI from Azure, Microsoft Research, and Microsoft 365. Syntex then enables you to capture and scale the expertise of your people and gives you content management superpowers to turn content into knowledge.
How Syntex Turns Content into Knowledge
Using advanced AI and machine teaching, Microsoft Syntex can help you enhance, manage, and connect your content at scale.
Let’s explore the 3 broad categories highlighted above!
Understand and assemble content with AI powered processing, summarization, translation, auto-assembly, and annotations integrated in M365.
- Understand, tag, and secure information with no-code AI using document processing
- Translate content across dozens of languages
- Distill key points on-demand with AI-generated summarization
- Automatically generate new content with templates and metadata using content assembly
- Extract text from images in SharePoint and exchange with optical character recognition, and audio and video with automatic video transcription in 28 languages
Analyze, protect, backup, and restore your content while managing storage costs and complying with long-time archive needs.
- Ensure your backup is highly available and tightly integrated with your content policies with Syntex backup
- Establish simple rules to move less critical content from SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to lower cost storage with Syntex archiving
- Gain access to insights on where your content is shared, stay in control of library access, and more with world-class management capabilities
Discover and reuse content with AI-powered search, capture e-signatures, and integrate business workflows.
- Intuitively discover information with deep learning models built into Microsoft Search
- Streamline transactional processes by sending or requesting signatures using e-signature
- Trigger actions for your business processes by building simple rules using Syntex content processor
- Accelerate key processes with solution accelerators for contract management, accounts payable and more
- Connect content to critical business apps leveraging integrations with Power Automate, AI Builder, and the Power Platform
Alithya has helped thousands of businesses improve their content strategy using the Microsoft Platform. Contact MSsales@alithya.com to learn how we can reduce content costs, boost productivity, and enable seamless collaboration with Microsoft Syntex.