How to Ensure a Seamless Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
In our previous blog, Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Challenges to Avoid we shared four barriers that pharmaceutical manufacturers must avoid on the path from production to distribution. In order to avoid or meet these challenges head-on, pharmaceutical and related companies need a robust system that can manage the process from start to finish.
Pharmaceutical Software: Cloud Based ERP
A well-engineered, end-to-end ERP product can help pharmaceutical businesses not only be successful with the distribution process but also make it easy to do.
Here are six essential factors that every pharmaceutical company needs from their management software in order to ensure a seamless supply chain:
- DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES BASED ON CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS: Each customer has its own way of managing deliveries related to storage, packing and shipping. Each product has its own constraints as well. Such conditions require custom logistical considerations that must be carefully planned and tracked.
- SUPPORT FOR GUIDELINE ADHERENCE: Companies must meet federal requirements for safety, traceability and recalls. They must have the flexibility to shift as regulations and requirements change. Any time spent managing this process without the proper support is effort removed from high efficiency and customer satisfaction
- CRITICAL DECISION MAKING: A strong plan is the foundation of frictionless delivery in the process of getting products to customers and, ultimately, to patients. However, just one hiccup can upset the whole system. Teams that encounter delays for these or other reasons must have access to data to foresee challenges and find solutions.
- TRANSPARENCY: To ensure robust ROI on each product, operations managers need insight into factors that contribute to cost efficiencies—such as schedules, manufacturing capacity, product quality, manufacturing costs and the flow of products and materials through the production and distribution phases.
- RELIABILITY: Because pharmaceutical and related distribution processes are both highly regulated and highly critical, operations teams must be confident that their applications and procedures can handle distribution complexities and unexpected challenges that come along.
- EASE OF USE: At a high level, operations teams must have a system to manage all these factors that is familiar and easy to use, with dashboards and reports that show what’s happening in real time.
Download this guide to learn more about the end-to-end digital framework mentioned above and how your pharmaceutical organization can achieve a seamless supply chain.