EPM Profitability Patch Release - December 2022 (22.12)
It feels like yesterday we published our blog on the November 2022 patch (22.11), but here we are already in December with a new patch! So, let’s see the critical newly released features, functionality, and bug fixes for the December 2022 (22.12) patch for Oracle Profitability.
As always, we will focus on what we feel are the most important updates relevant to Oracle Cloud PCM and EPCM but you can check out all of the Oracle EPM updates for yourself here.
The Most Important Features of the 22.12 (December 2022) Patch for Oracle Profitability:
- Support of Identify Cloud Service (IDCS) Groups in OCI (Gen 2) Environments:
- EPM Cloud OCI (Gen 2) environments now support Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) groups. Clients can add individual users to an IDCS group and assign predefined roles.
- The ability to define groups within the IDCS simplifies user management and provides the ability to manage user groups downstream of EPCM, which significantly benefits clients.
- New Guide To Creating and Running An EPM Center of Excellence (COE)
- This month, a new guide will be available to help you create and run an EPM Center of Excellence (CoE).
- The guide describes best practices for creating and running an EPM CoE. It provides a checklist and a structured approach to help your organization adopt Cloud EPM by leveraging a CoE.
Enterprise Data Management
- Enterprise PCM Application Type (EPCM only)
- This update allows customers to manage dimensions and mappings for EPCM in EDM through its application type. Although it was always possible to manage EPCM dimensions and mappings in EDM, having a dedicated application type simplifies the configuration and maintenance of the solution.
Enterprise PCM Updates
- Ability to Create Multiple Rules At Once:
- Users now have the option to create multiple Rules at once in the EPCM UI.
- When using this functionality, only the outline of the rule is created; the rules will still need to be individually configured.
- Ability to Configure Multiple Rule Sets at Once:
- Users now have the option to create multiple Rule Sets at once in the EPCM UI.
- When using this functionality, only the outline of the Rule Set is created; the individual Rules in the Rule Set will still need to be created.
- Model Documentation Report can be Run from the Rule Designer:
- Users can now produce the Model Documentation report in the Rule Designer UI instead of going through the Model or Calculation Analysis UI.
Regression Testing Requirement:
As per our standing recommendation, clients are advised to perform regression testing on the release of the month patches in their test instances. With that said, the features, functionalities, and updates released in the 22.12 patch do not require extensive regression testing, especially for Oracle Cloud PCM, which did not receive any updates in this release.
PCM Regression Testing Requirement:
For the 22.12 Patch, we suggest doing your normal level of regression, as there are no critical bug fixes or features for Oracle PCM in this release.
Enterprise PCM Regression Testing Requirement:
For the 22.12 Patch, we suggest you do your normal level of regression testing, as none of the provided updates should be a cause of concern.
The 22.11 Patch is scheduled to be pushed to the Production environments on the 16th of December, so be sure to be done with any Regression testing soon!
For comments, questions, or suggestions for future topics, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our blog regularly for new posts about Cloud updates and other Oracle Cloud Services such as Planning and Budgeting, Financial Consolidation, Account Reconciliation, and Enterprise Data Management. Follow Alithya on social media for the latest information about EPM, ERP, and Analytics solutions to meet your business needs.