Top 3 Reasons for Moving to the Cloud
Without even thinking about it, every day you are accessing the cloud—with smart home devices, your banking app, social media and more. The cloud is making applications and systems you are using easy to access, user-friendly and secure. In many respects you—and your employees, partners and customers—are already in the cloud.
Is your organization looking to solve these challenges?
- Move away from relying heavily on on-premise systems.
- Advance business systems to the next level.
- Leverage new application functionality.
- Bring CRM data and information from different systems together into reports.
- Take advantage of best practices and the ability to share documents.
- Reduce the cost of training for you IT staff
- Ensure redundancy and recovery
- Enhance security
- Eliminate upgrades
If the answer is an enthusiastic “Yes!”, a migration of operational systems and data to the cloud could be a good fit for your organization—and now is the right time to make the change.
Meen Sathish, Business Systems Director for Alithya client Iovate Health Sciences, said: “You will tend to say, ‘Do we really need to update it? Do we really need to get that feature?’ You get used to bad practices within the business – and you are not leveraging the newer technology. All of a sudden, when you look back, you're probably five to 10 years behind the industry.”
Why a cloud migration makes business sense
- Your people will be supported – All your users from employees to customers can benefit in terms of access to applications powered by the latest updates. The cloud also enables fast launch of functionality to a broad organizational audience.
- You will keep pace with technology and save money – Your organization will be able to change your focus from always patching and maintaining your current systems to making sure that you are up-to-date on all of your servers and classes. There will no longer be a need to keep buying additional licenses. Tracking database and server end of life and resolving maintenance issues also become a thing of the past.
The cloud also enables you to keep pace with industry innovation and growth, and it extends your available portfolio of technology solutions.
- You will deliver insight for better decision-making – Having key linkages across business systems, including your business intelligence tools, provides the opportunity for robust reporting, quick information sharing and the potential for single sign on. The transition to the cloud also provides the opportunity to leverage Azure’s functionality to bring predictive and prescriptive analytics to your business.
With Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) as your solutions hub, you can look for other best-of-breed solutions that are also in the cloud, including those for financial planning and analysis, sales tax administration, accounts payable automation, expense reimbursement tracking and more.
A cloud implementation of your business operation systems delivers tremendous benefits. Do your research, prepare your organization and your people, and make the change happen.